If your Inventory falls Short while creating a Wave, you can “Auto-Adjust the Inventory” with a Config setting.
In the Sales module, the Inventory will get adjusted automatically if it is short while creating a Wave in a Sales Order.
This feature works on:
- Creating a Wave(Auto) for “Full Order(s) Only”/”Full Qty Line(s) Only” options.
- Uploading a Shipment.
- For a Shopify Order.
An App Config Setting has been created for the functionality.
How does it work?
- Navigate to the App Config Setting module.
- Under the Sales tab, find the setting, “Auto Inventory Adjustment”.
- Turn ON the setting.
- Navigate to the Create Sales Order module, fill in the details and enter an Item that is not available in the location selected in the Order.
- Save and Release the Order.
- You can check the availability of the Inventory from the “item Inventory Snapshot” module.
- Create the Wave through the “Full Order(s) only” option.
- A Pop-up will open, with an “Auto Inventory Adjustment” flag.
- Confirm and create Wave.
- Now again navigate to the “Item Inventory Snapshot” module and check the availability of the Item.
- The Available Qty will change by the qty added on the Sales Order.
You can also check the Inventory change log to have a clear view of the change in the Inventory status.
The same will be the case while creating a Wave through the “Full Order Qty Line(s) option.
Note: If the default location is set for the Item, the inventory is going to adjust on that particular location.
Similarly, when the Orders are dropped from Shopify to Xoro, the Auto Inventory Adjustment will happen in the same manner.
Also, note the below-mentioned cases when the manufacturable/producible Item is used while creating an Order.
- If Item is Producible/Manufacturable and the App Config setting “AUTO QUICK PRODUCE” is “ON” and the setting “Auto Inventory Adjustment” is checked, then it is going to adjust the Inventory.
Note:- This will not Produce the Item.
- If Item is Producible/Manufacturable and the App Config setting “AUTO QUICK PRODUCE” is “ON” and the setting “Auto Inventory Adjustment” is not checked then this is not going to Adjust the Inventory
Note:- This will Produce the Item.