Item Receipts are the acknowledgment of Received Goods into Inventory. If XoroERP’s warehousing system is enabled, they can be automatically generated when an ASN is closed. Otherwise, they can be directly converted from Purchase Orders and they can also be entered manually.
Once an Inventory Item is saved to an Item Receipt, its on-hand quantity is increased. Item Receipts from the same Vendor can be merged and can be converted into Bills once they are finalized. Use the Item Receipt module to create and edit Item Receipts.
The Item Receipt Module
Item Receipt Fields
Item Receipt Header
- Select Store: This is the store where the items are received to.
- Vendor: Select the vendor you are purchasing from. Click for more details on the selected vendor.
- Date: The date the items were received.
- Select Account: Select the Accounts Payable.
- Packing Slip#: Enter the packing slip # from the vendor here.
- Exchange Rate: If the receipt is for a foreign vendor, the exchange rate can be edited here.
- Total: The total amount of the item receipt.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this item receipt with.
Item Receipt Details
- Add Item (Alt+A): Clicking this button opens a new window where you can add items.
- Reconcile: Clicking this button opens a wizard to reconcile freight/shipping/service charges into the cost of items.
Item Receipt Details – Items
The descriptions below refer to the column headings of the item:
- Description: An item’s description that can be edited by clicking on it.
- PO#: If this item was received on a PO (through the warehousing system or converted directly), its number will be listed here.
- Unit Cost: An item’s unit cost that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Qty: An item’s quantity that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Tax: The tax code applied to this item.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this item line with.
Item Receipt Details – Expense
- Account: Select an account for adding an expense line.
- Tax: Select a tax code for adding an expense line.
- Amount: Enter an amount here for adding an expense line.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this expense line with.
- Memo: Enter a memo here if required for adding an expense line.
- Add: Click this button to add the expense line.
- Memo: A memo for the item receipt can be written here.
- Address: The vendor’s address can be edited here.