An Invoice is a document showing the goods and/or services billed to the Customer. If the warehousing (WMS) component of Xoro is enabled, an Invoice is automatically generated every time an SO is “Packed & Shipped”. If it is disabled, it can be entered manually or converted from a SO directly. An Invoice depletes Inventory from a warehouse and acts as a notice of payment for Customers.
- Open: An Invoice that has no Credits/Deposits/Payments applied to it.
- Partially Paid: An Invoice that is partially paid by a Credit/Deposit/Payment.
- Paid: An Invoice that has been paid in full.
Invoice Header – Sales
- Sale Store: This is the Store from which the Invoice is being processed.
- Ship Store: This is the Store from which the Invoice is being Shipped. You can change this Store if the goods are being shipped or picked up from another location.
- Select Customer: Type a name, phone number, or email here to select a Customer for the invoice. Click for more details on the selected customer.
- Select Account: Choose the AR account for this invoice.
- Ref No: A reference number can be entered here. Often this can be the SO#.
- Date: This is the date the Customer was invoiced.
- Amount Due: The remaining balance on the invoice.
- Paid Amount: The amount paid toward this invoice.
- Exchange Rate: If the invoice is for a foreign customer, the exchange rate can be edited here.
- To be Shipped Date: Enter a shipping date here.
- Customer PO: Enter the customer’s PO# here if applicable.
Invoice Header – Shipping
- Ship Method: Choose the invoice’s shipping method here. Select Pick Up if the customer is picking up the goods by themselves. Select Delivery (Own Truck) if your own company’s truck is being used for the delivery. And select Delivery (Third Party) if an external company is shipping the goods for you. No shipping fields will be available to edit if Pick Up is chosen.
- Shipping Type: If the goods are to be cartonized during the shipping process, choose Cartonized otherwise select Flat/Standard.
- Ship Via/Carrier: Select a carrier here for shipment. If Delivery (Own Truck) is selected, the company’s own carrier can be selected. If however Delivery (Third Party) is selected, choose another company’s carrier for shipping (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- F.O.B: Choose the freight on board, origin, or destination.
- Shipping Terms: These are the Shipping Terms options for the invoice.
- Ship Service: Select a Ship Service here if necessary.
- Shipping Notes: Enter any Shipping Notes here, these will be sent to the warehousing department.
- Shipping Cost: Enter the Shipping Cost here.
- Tax Code: Select the tax on the shipping.
- Master Tracking Number: Enter the Master Tracking number.
- Master BOL Number: Enter the Bill of Landing number.
Invoice Header – Other
- Customer Tax Code: The tax code of the customer. Changing this allows you to apply a different tax code to all items. This field should already be fetched once a customer has been selected.
- Payment Terms: The Payment Terms of the customer. This dropdown should already be chosen once a customer has been selected.
- Discount Date: If applicable this displays the discount date for the invoice. It is calculated based on the payment terms. So if the invoice is paid before or on this date, then a discount can be applied to the customer.
- Sales Rep: This is the Sales Rep for this SO. Once a customer has been selected this field will automatically be filled and will require authorization to edit.
- Due Date: The due date for the invoice, is calculated based on the payment terms. Any invoices with a positive balance due after this due date are considered overdue.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this invoice with.
- Third-Party Account: Mention the Third-Party Account.
- Third-Party Source: If the order came from a third-party platform, it can be indicated here.
- Third-Party Ref Name: If the order came from a third-party platform, the ref name can be entered here.
- Select Buyer: Typically the Customer.
- CSR: Enter the Customer Service Rep.
- Risk Analysis:
- Brand: Select the Brand from the dropdown.
- Add Item (Alt+A): Clicking this button opens a new window where you can add items to the invoice. Search for the item in the “Item Number” field, enter a Qty, and fill in any other details. Now click Add (Enter) to add the item. Repeat this process for adding additional items.
The Options button gives the following features:
- Batch Discount: Use this feature to apply the same discount to multiple Items on the Invoice. Select all the discounted Item(s) with a checkbox, then click Options -> Batch Discount. In this window you can enter an absolute or percent discount, then click OK.
- Remove Restrictions: Use this feature to remove any pricing rule restrictions (denoted by a ) in the invoice. Select all the Items with a checkbox for which you want to remove restrictions, then click Options -> Remove Restrictions, and enter your credentials. Please note that only users with the appropriate privileges will be able to remove restrictions.
- Batch Unit Price: Use this feature to Batch update the Unit Price of the Items.
- Batch VAS Item: Use this feature to add VAS Item to multiple Item lines in the Invoice.
- Void Batch Lines: Batch Void multiple Item lines of the Invoice.
- Batch Apply Custom Price: Use this feature to Batch Apply Custom Price to multiple Item lines in the Invoice.
The descriptions below refer to the column headings of the items:
- Description: An item’s description that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Unit Price: An item’s unit price can be edited by clicking on it.
- Discount: An item’s discount that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Qty: An item’s quantity that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Credited Qty: This is the quantity that has been credited to the customer through an invoice credit memo.
- Tax: The tax code applied to this item.
- Amount: Unit Price * Qty – Discount.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this invoice line with.
- Invoice To Address: The invoicing address of the invoice. When a customer is selected, this field will automatically be populated. It can be edited by clicking.
- Ship To Address: The shipping address of the invoice. When a customer is selected, this field will automatically be populated. You can select other addresses from the dropdown menu or it can be edited by clicking.
- Customer Message: A message for the customer can be entered here or you can select one of the pre-written messages using this.
- Memo: A memo for the invoice can be written here.