A Sales Receipt is intended for Customers who enter a Store and Purchase an Item directly (with no warehousing or Invoicing process involved).
Use the Sales Receipt module for such transactions.
Sales Receipt Header – Sales
- Sale Store: This is the Store from which the Sales Receipt is being processed.
- Ship Store: This is the Store from which the Sales Receipt is being Shipped. You can change this store if the goods are being Shipped or picked up from another location.
- Customer: Type a name, phone number, or email here to select a Customer for the Invoice. Click for more details on the selected Customer.
- Select Account: Choose the Account for this Sales Receipt.
- Ref No: A reference number can be entered here.
- Date: This is the date the Customer was sold the goods.
- Ship Date: Enter a shipping date here.
- Customer Tax Code: The Tax Code of the Customer. Changing this allows you to apply a different tax code to all Items. This field should already be fetched once a Customer has been selected.
- Sales Rep: This is the Sales Rep for this SO.
- Customer PO: Enter the customer’s PO# here if applicable.
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this sales receipt with.
Sales Receipt Header – Shipping
- Ship Method: Choose the Sales Receipt’s shipping method here. Select Pick Up if the customer is picking up the goods by themselves. Select Delivery (Own Truck) if your own company’s truck is being used for the delivery. And select Delivery (Third Party) if an external company is shipping the goods for you. No shipping fields will be available to edit if Pick Up is chosen.
- Ship Via/Carrier: Select a carrier here for shipment. If Delivery (Own Truck) is selected, the company’s own carrier can be selected. If however Delivery (Third Party) is selected, choose another company’s carrier for shipping (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- F.O.B: Choose the freight on board, origin, or destination.
- Shipping Terms: These are the Shipping Terms options for the invoice.
- Ship Service: Select a Ship Service here if necessary.
- Shipping Notes: Enter any Shipping Notes here, these will be sent to the warehousing department.
- Shipping Cost: Enter the Shipping Cost here.
- Tax Code: Select the tax on the shipping.
Sales Receipt Details
- Add Item (Alt+A): Clicking this button opens a new window where you can add items to the invoice. Search for the item in the “Item Number” field, enter a Qty, and fill in any other details. Now click Add (Enter) to add the item. Repeat this process for adding additional items.
The Options button gives the 2 features below:
- Batch Discount: Use this feature to apply the same discount to multiple items on the sales receipt. Select all the discounted item(s) with a checkbox, then click Options -> Batch Discount. In this window you can enter an absolute or percent discount, then click OK.
- Remove Restrictions: Use this feature to remove any pricing rule restrictions (denoted by a ) in the invoice. Select all the items with a checkbox for which you want to remove restrictions for, then click Options -> Remove Restrictions, and enter your credentials. Please note that only users with the appropriate privileges will be able to remove restrictions.
- Batch Apply Custom Price: The Custom Price for the Items can be applied in Batch.
The descriptions below refer to the column headings of the items:
- Description: An item’s description that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Unit Price: An item’s unit price that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Discount: An item’s discount that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Qty: An item’s quantity that can be edited by clicking on it.
- Refund Qty: This is the quantity that has been refunded from the customer on this sales receipt.
- Tax: The tax code applied to this item.
- Amount: Unit Price * Qty – Discount
- Project/Class: Select a project or class to associate this sales receipt line with.
- Ship To Address: The shipping address of the order. When a customer is selected, this field will automatically be populated. You can select other addresses from the dropdown menu or it can be edited by clicking.
- Exchange Rate: If the sales receipt is for a foreign customer, the exchange rate can be edited here.
- Customer Message: A message for the customer can be entered here or you can select one of the pre-written messages.
- Memo: A memo for the sales order can be written here.