A vendor is a person or business that supplies goods or services to a company. Another term for a vendor is a supplier or manufacturer. This article describes how you can upload vendors in batch into Xoro.
- Download the latest CSV Template from the “Upload Vendors” module.
- Copy vendor information into the CSV Template.
- Upload the CSV Template into Xoro.
- Go to Upload Vendors using the Search Menu.
- Click on “Download Template”.
Once you’ve downloaded the template file, you can copy in your data using any spreadsheet software. There are columns that you must complete, and others that are optional. Mandatory fields are marked with a double asterisk (**) prefix.
- The file must be a CSV (Comma-separated values) file. The name of your file must end with .csv.
- Make sure you don’t change any of the column headings from row 1 in the template – these are needed for the file to import correctly.
- All date fields will accept a format of MM/DD/YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY.
- Be mindful of any leading zeros in your data, some spreadsheet software will trim them automatically without notifying you. This can be resolved by ensuring your columns have correct formatting.
- Sometimes long numbers (UPC, etc.) are formatted as scientific notation. Be sure to change the formatting on this data to display these long numbers correctly.
|Column Name||Data Type||Description|
|AccntNumber||Text||The vendor’s account number. This can be a number from a previous system.|
|AlertNote||Text||Enter an alert note here for a vendor that will be displayed when the vendor is selected in applicable modules.|
|ActiveFlagStr||Text||Mark the vendor active or inactive.|
Acceptable values: “Y” or “N”
|**PaymentTermName||Text||The default payment term for this vendor. This payment term must already exist in Xoro and its name must be entered here exactly as it is in the Payment Term Centre.|
|NameOnCheque||Text||This is the vendor’s name on cheque to be displayed. When a payment is made with this vendor by cheque, this name is fetched by default.|
|BusinessNumber||Text||The vendor’s business number.|
|isSaleTaxAgencyStr||Text||Select this if the vendor is a tax agency.|
Acceptable values: “Y” or “N”
|LeadTimeDays||Numeric||The lead time days for the vendor.|
|TaxCodeChar||Text||The vendor’s default tax code. This tax code will be applied to all items for relevant modules when this vendor is selected. This tax code must already exist in Xoro and its name must be entered here exactly as it is in the Tax Code Centre.|
|CreditLimit||Numeric||The credit limit for the vendor.|
|MinOrdAmt||Numeric||The minimum order amount for this vendor.|
|**CurrencyCode||Text||The vendor’s currency. This must match the currency of the Accounts Payable.|
|**TypeName||Text||The vendor’s type. Choose from: Consultant, Manufacturer, Service Provider, Suppliers, Tax Agency.|
|VendorSinceDate||Text||The vendor has been with the company since this date.|
|**CompanyName||Text||The vendor’s company name. This must be a unique company name for the vendor.|
|JobTitle||Text||The vendor contact’s job title.|
|ContactFirstName||Text||The first name of the vendor’s contact.|
|ContactLastName||Text||The last name of the vendor’s contact.|
|Mobilephone||Text||The vendor contact’s mobile phone number.|
|Fax||Text||The vendor contact’s fax number.|
|EmailMain||Text||The vendor contact’s main email.|
|EmailCc||Text||The vendor contact’s CC email.|
|OtherConatctInfo||Text||Any other contact information for the vendor.|
|**DefaultAccountPayableName||Text||The default AP for this vendor. This account must already exist in Xoro and its name must be entered here exactly as it is in the Chart of Accounts.|
|**DefaultAccountExpenseName||Text||The default expense account for this vendor. This account must already exist in Xoro and its name must be entered here exactly as it is in the Chart of Accounts.|
|OpeningBalanceDate||Text||The opening balance date.|
|OpeningBalance||Text||If necessary, enter a positive or negative amount here for the vendor’s balance. This will generate a bill or vendor credit for the vendor and is handy for when creating a vendor with an existing balance.|
|ExchangeRate||Numeric||If an Opening Balance is entered, then the transaction will use this exchange rate.|
|StoreCode||Text||If an Opening Balance is entered, then the transaction will use this Store.|
|BillingPhone||Text||Vendor’s billing phone.|
|BillingEmail||Text||Vendor’s billing email.|
|**BilledFromAddr||Text||Vendor’s billing address street name and number.|
|**BilledFromCity||Text||Vendor’s billing address city.|
|**BilledFromState||Text||Vendor’s billing address state or province.|
|**BilledFromPostalZipCode||Text||Vendor’s billing address postal or zip code.|
|**BilledFromCountry||Text||Vendor’s billing address country.|
|**ShippedFromAddr||Text||Vendor’s ship from address.|
|**ShippedFromCity||Text||Vendor’s ship from city.|
|**ShippedFromState||Text||Vendor’s ship from state.|
|**ShippedFromPostalZipCode||Text||Vendor’s ship from zip code.|
|**ShippedFromCountry||Text||Vendor’s ship from country.|
|ImportError||Text||If there any errors from an upload, they will be listed in this column.|
Once you have filled the CSV file with your data, you can follow the steps below to upload it into Xoro:
- The Default Values for required columns can be configured before the upload.
- If the data in the template is blank or incorrect, then the uploader will fallback and use these specified default values.
- Click Browse to select the saved CSV Template file.
- After the file has been selected, click Verify & Upload to start importing.
- While the import is in progress, the summary of the progress will be displayed at the bottom of the screen with the progress bar.
- After the import has been completed, the result will be displayed with the message for success or error (if any).
- Vendors will only get uploaded into the system if there are no errors in the file. If there are errors in the file, you can download the error file, fix the errors in the Original File and upload it back into Xoro.