Once the goods are received, they need to check and verify against the purchase order. This is the process of closing an ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice).
Also when an ASN is received in the system, with the help of the Upload ASN Receipts module we can batch upload and specify the Store/Location for the Received Qty.
How to Upload ASN Receipts?
- In the Search Menu on
- Download the latest CSV template from the “Batch Upload ASN Receipts” module.
- Copy ASN’s information into the CSV template.
- Upload the CSV template into Xoro.
- Go to Batch Upload ASN Receipts using the Search Menu.
- Click on the “Download Template“.
Once you’ve downloaded the template file, you can copy in your data using any spreadsheet software. There are columns that you must complete, and others that are optional. Mandatory fields are marked with a double asterisk (**) prefix.
- The file must be a CSV (Comma-separated values) file. The name of your file must end with CSV.
- Make sure you don’t change any of the column headings from row 1 in the template as these are needed for the file to import correctly.
- All date fields will accept a format of MM/DD/YYYY or MM-DD-YYYY.
- Be mindful of any leading zeros in your data, some spreadsheet software will trim them automatically without notifying you. This can be resolved by ensuring your columns have correct formatting.
- Sometimes long numbers (UPC, etc.) are formatted as scientific notation. Be sure to change the formatting on this data to display these long numbers correctly.
The Item identifier code column specifies, how the Item number field value of the file will be used to match the Item in the system.
Below are the valid identifier codes to be used:
1 will represent Item Number.
2 will represent Item UPC.
3 will represent Item Barcode.
4 will represent Alternate item number 1.
5 will represent Alternate item number 2.
6 will represent Alternate item number 3.
Read Here: What is an Item Identifier Code?
|Column Name||Data Type||Description|
|StoreName||Text||Enter your Store‘s (inventory set) name here exactly as it is in Xoro. The goods will eventually be received into this inventory set.|
|AsnNumber||Text||Enter the ASN’s numbers.|
|PONumber||Text||Enter the PO numbers.|
|Credit Memo Number||Text||Enter the Credit Memo Numbers. This is required in case to receive ASN generated from an RMA, or Credit Memo or an Invoice Credit Memo.|
|ItemNumber||Text||The Item SKU line for this PO. This SKU must match exactly to the Item Number in Xoro.|
|Item Identifier Code||Numeric||Enter the Item Identifier Code|
|Qty||Numeric||The Quantity of the item line.|
|LocationName||Text||Enter the Location name.|
|ImportError||Text||If there any errors from an upload, they will be listed in this column.|
Once you have filled the CSV file with your data, you can follow the steps below to upload it into Xoro:
- Click Browse to select the saved CSV template file.
- You can also check on the Split PO line(s) by default vendor box. (If you check this option, the third-party reference number, and vendor name will be ignored. PO(s) will be created based on the default vendor selected for every item.)
- After the file has been selected, click Upload to start importing and then select one option from the pop-up
- Receive ASN: If you want to only bulk receive ASN’s.
- Receive and close ASN: If you want to bulk receive and close ASN’s and then click on Ok.
- While the import is in progress, the summary of the progress will be displayed at the bottom of the screen with the progress bar.
- After the import has been completed, the result will be displayed with the message for success or error (if any).
- ASN’s will only get uploaded into the system if there are no errors in the file.
- If there are errors in the file, you can download the error file, fix the errors in the original file, and upload it back into Xoro.
The Reason Code on the Warehouse Type Credit Memo/Invoice Credit Memo can be updated through the Upload ASN Receipt file.
How does it work?
- Create a Warehouse Type Invoice Credit Memo or a Credit Memo.
- After saving the ASN can be generated.
- Now, the “R” Code on the Credit Memo can be updated while receiving the ASN through the “Upload ASN Receipt” file.
- A column “Reason Code” is added in which the new R Code can be filled.
- The upload will Receive/Close the ASN and the R Code will get updated on the Credit/Invoice Credit Memo.