Xoro has the ability to restrict the access of Customers/Vendors to the Users on the basis of Permission Groups.
The following features have been introduced for the purpose:
- The new module “Permission Group” has been added.
- Added Permission Group dropdown in Customer and Vendor module under the “Other info tab”.
- Added new tab in user module i.e. Advanced Permissions.
How does this work?
- Navigate to the Permission Group Module.
- Give a name and add a “Permission Group” by saving it.
- Look for all the “Permission Groups” created from the “Permission Group Centre”.
- Navigate to the Customer/Vendor and open the “Other Info” tab.
- From the “Permission Group” dropdown select the Permission Group that has to be assigned to the Customer/Vendor.
- Hit “Update”.
You can assign a “Permission Group” to multiple Customers/Vendors.
- Now, navigate to the User Centre.
- Select-open a User.
- Shift to the “Advanced Permission” tab.
- Under that tab, there is an option “Enable Advanced Permissions”.
When this is checked, it will show 2 dropdowns
a. Restriction Type Dropdown: There are 2 options in this dropdown:
- Restrict These, and
- Allow Only these
- Selecting “Restrict these”, the permission group mentioned in the permission group dropdown will not show in the Customer and Vendor module.
- For Example; there is a permission group named “Permission Group Test” and a few Customers and Vendors are added to this Permission group then those Customers/Vendors will not be shown in the Sales and Purchase modules and their respective Centres.
- On the other hand, by selecting the “Allow Only these” option, only the Customers/Vendors added to the Permission Group can be accessed by the User.
b. Permission Group Dropdown: This is a multi-select dropdown you can select multiple Permission Groups.