A direct link can be created between the Sales Order and the Credit Memo modules.
Linking from the Sales Order module:
How does it work?
- Create a Sales Order. Save it and go to “Link Credit Memo” in the Options dropdown.
- It will open a “Credit Memo Linking” Subform.
- In the “Credit Memo Linking” Subform the Sales Order dropdown will be auto-filled with the Sales Order number.
- In the Credit Memo dropdown, only the Credit Memo numbers with the same Customer and Store selected in the Sales Order will be retrieved.
- Once the Credit Memo# is filled, other details like the Customer Name, Ref#, Linked Sales Order(Linked amount), and total amount will get auto-filled.
- Hit “Link” and the linking will be saved.
- Only the amount equal to or less than the sales order total amount can be linked.
- Link the Credit Memo to Sales Order and save the SO to save the mapping.
- The linked Credit memo can be seen under the “Credits/Deposits” tab of the SO.
- This tab will show the linked Credit Memo and linked Customer Deposits with that Sales Order.
- After the Sales Order is Shipped, the amount linked with the Sales Order will be automatically applied to the Invoice.
- Added a new column “Linked Credit Memo Amount” in the Sales Order Centre. The Total Linked Amount will be fetched in this column.
Linking from the Credit Memo module:
The process of Linking Credit memo with SO on the Credit Memo module works in the same way as explained above.
- Navigate to the Credit Memo module and save the Credit Memo.
- Now go to Link Sales Order in the Options tab.
- The linking subform will open and the Credit Memo number will be auto-filled and the drop-down will be disabled.
- In sales order drop down the sales order number of the selected customer and the store will come.
- On change of sales order the data Customer name, Ref no, Total amount, and Linked credit memo (Linked amount) will be shown.