There is an App Config setting to disable changing/editing the Exchange rate on Sales Order and Purchase Order.
How does it work?
- Go to the App Config module under the General settings find the “Disable exchange rate modification” setting.
- Click on the pencil icon, and select the module for which you want to disable the modification of the exchange rate.
- Exchange rate modification will be disabled for the selected module.
- If SALES is selected then all sales module will not allow users to update the exchange rates.
- The setting will have an impact on the following modules under SO:
- Sales order
- Sales receipt
- Credit memo
- Invoice credit memo
- Refund receipt
- The same is the case if PURCHASE is selected.
- The setting will have an impact on the following modules under PO:
- Item receipt
- Vendor credit
- Vendor prepayment
Note: The Page Default setting will override the setting defined under the App Config.