Introduced Customer-specific Sales Tax Exempt options for the following:
- BC PST: British Columbia Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
- SK PST: Saskatchewan Provincial Sales Tax (PST); Provincial Sales Tax (PST) is a retail sales tax that applies when taxable goods or services are purchased, acquired, or brought into different Provinces of Canada.
- MB RST: Manitoba Retail Sales Tax; The Retail Sales Tax (RST) is a tax applied to the retail sale or rental of most goods and certain services in Manitoba.
- QB QST: The Québec Sales Tax; Provincial level sales tax is typically referred to as PST or as QST in the case in Quebec.
How does it work?
- Create Customer from the Customer Upload module or through API.
- Under the Sales Tax tab of the Customer module, the following tax exemptions will be updated through API & Upload.
- Is Customer BC PST Exempt?
- Is Customer SK PST Exempt?
- Is Customer MB RST Exempt?
- Is Customer QB QST Exempt?
- These columns are also added to the Customer Upload File.
- This will be only applicable if the following conditions are met:
- The Home currency of the Customer is CAD,
- The “Calculate Taxes based on Address” App Config is on,
- The “Auto Create New Customers” App Config is on.